You can receive the service on request.
Objective of the measure promoting regional mobility of workers - promoting regional mobility of workers of employers.
Persons employed by the SEA shall be provided with:
• financial compensation for transport and residential rental costs for the first four months after the commencement of the employment legal relationship.
The measure is implemented:
• workplaces in the administrative territory of the Republic of Latvia, with the exception of Riga, where there is a request corresponding to the education and professional experience of the individual. The exception for Riga is not applicable if the declared place of residence is outside Riga.
Employees who simultaneously meet the following requirements may participate in the measure:
• the person has been registered as unemployed on the day before the commencement of the employment legal relationship;
• the place of employment is situated at least 15 km from the declared place of residence and within the scope of employment law, the employer does not compensate the employed person for the rent of the road or residential area;
• the distance from the declared place of residence of the employee to the place of employment shall not exceed 110 km if the financial support is requested to cover transport costs;
• has been declared in the designated place of residence for at least six months or has changed the declared place of residence within six months, and both the new and previous place of residence are in the administrative territory of one local government, except where the worker's particular place of residence is the first declared place of residence in Latvia;
• the employment legal relationship is established for an indefinite period or for a period of not less than 6 months and the worker has a normal working time and salary of at least the national minimum monthly salary, but not more than the national minimum wage level;
• financial support is requested within 10 working days of the date of commencement of the employment legal relationship.
Amount of financial remuneration of the employee:
• the financial compensation shall be paid for each month of the employment legal relationship, up to a maximum of EUR 150 per month to cover the rental costs of the residential space or EUR 7 per day to cover transport costs. The remuneration within the framework of the mobility support measure for transport costs shall be calculated by applying the standard unit cost rate calculation and application methodology for one kilometre and one journey costs developed by the Ministry of Finance for the implementation of the “Growth and Jobs” operational programme. "
Detailed information is available on the https://www.nva.gov.lv/lv/mobilitates-Support-Work-Related website
The employee shall submit a submission to the branch of the NVA for the granting of financial compensation within 10 working days after the date of entering into the contract of employment.
The Agency shall transfer to the Employee an advance of EUR 150 to cover the rental costs of the residential space, to cover transport costs, according to the number of working days in the month concerned, up to a maximum of EUR 7 per day within five working days from the date of the adoption of a positive decision.