Measures/activities for the employment of certain groups of persons with disabilities for an indefinite period
Support services for the unemployed with disabilities to facilitate access to permanent employment.
1. Occupational therapist/ergonomics therapist consultations
Before starting the legal employment relationship, an occupational therapist/ergonomics therapist selected by the State Employment Agency (SEA) will inspect the workplace and assess its suitability for the work to be performed, providing workplace adaptation recommendations as necessary.
2. Services of a sign language interpreter
Service for the unemployed with hearing impairments to ensure communication with the employer, not exceeding 40 direct translation hours per week.
The service is provided by:
- one month from the date of commencement of employment, if the unemployed person with a disability has at least three months of work experience during the last 10 years, or education in the relevant profession or an employment contract concluded for the performance of low-skilled work (work of simple professions according to the ninth basic group of the Classification of Professions).
- two months from the date of commencement of employment, if the unemployed person with a disability has less than three months of work experience during the last 10 years and has no education in the relevant profession.
3. Services of a support person
The service for the unemployed with mental disorders The service is ensured for 12 months:
- in the first week of employment legal relations – each working day specified for the unemployed person for the entire working time agreed for the unemployed person;
- from the second to the fifth week of the employment relationship – every working day specified for the unemployed person, but not more than three hours a day;
- from the sixth to the ninth week of the employment relationship – twice a week, but not more than one hour each time the service is provided on the working day specified for the unemployed person;
- from the tenth week of employment – once a week, but not more than one hour each time the service is provided. Support services can be applied for by the following persons:
An SEA-registered unemployed person with a disability who has entered into an employment contract with an employer for an indefinite period of time and who has not been employed by a particular said employer during the last 12 months.
Procedure for applying for the support service
- Not later than one month before the commencement of the employment relationship with an employer, an Application shall be filled-in and submitted to the nearest branch of SEA, or sent electronically to the e-mail of the SEA branch, if the application is signed with a secure electronic signature;
- The SEA branch examines the application of the unemployed person and makes a decision to support or refuse to provide the support service, informing the unemployed person with a disability about the decision made.