Within the framework of the ESF project "Subsidised jobs for the unemployed" No 18.104.22.168/15/I/001, the State Employment Agency implements on-site and remotely the activation measure "Determination of professional aptitude", the aim of which is to promote the integration of the unemployed, including the long-term unemployed, into society and placement in permanent employment by providing determination of professional aptitude, providing recommendations on suitable work for the unemployed, as well as related active employment measures according to the health condition of the unemployed.
Who can participate?
- if the measure "Determination of professional aptitude" is implemented in person, the unemployed persons with disabilities and foreseeable disabilities who have been unemployed for at least 12 months and have not been considered as employed or self-employed under the Law on State Social Insurance for more than two months without interruption during this period.
- if the measure "Determination of professional aptitude" is implemented remotely, unemployed persons with disabilities and foreseeable disabilities who have been unemployed for at least 12 months, have not been considered as employed or self-employed under the Law on State Social Insurance for more than two months without interruption, and who have access to an independent internet connection or off-line internet, technical support (computer and/or other smart device, incl, (e.g. accessible camera, microphone), digital literacy to connect to Zoom Opener, MS Teams, Skype, etc.)
The support measure is implemented in cooperation with the State Agency for Social Integration (SIVA).
Participants are provided with a professional aptitude assessment service, where a team of specialists clarifies in individual interviews and group work:
- the unemployed person's interest in vocational fields, specific professions;
- vocational education programmes;
- motivation to enter the labour market and to learn;
- the suitability of their health for the profession they are studying or have chosen;
- level of intellectual ability, which predicts ability to enter the labour market and to learn;
- psycho-physiological characteristics and their suitability for the chosen profession;
- assesses the unemployed person's previous knowledge and experience;
- the ability to learn, understand, perceive and remember new things.
Participants are also provided with a shuttle service to and from the SIVA branch/residence, 3 meals a day and accommodation in a dormitory.
Transport service available through SIVA or you can use public transport or private vehicle to get to SIVA and submit an application for reimbursement to the SEA.
Application for reimbursement of transport costs (in Latvian):