Summary of the project No. 22.214.171.124/16/I/001 „Support for longer working life”
SUB-ACTIVITY OF THE OPERATIONAL PROGRAM, WITHIN WHICH ESF FUNDING IS GRANTED
Operational Program "Growth and Employment"
7.3.2. specific support objective “Lengthen the ability to work and employment of elderly”
The State Employment Agency of Latvia
K. Valdemāra street 38 k – 1, Riga, LV – 1010
PLACE OF PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION
The territory of the Republic of Latvia
DATE OF PROJECT JUSTIFICATION
PERIOD OF IMPLEMENTATION
The objective of the project is to promote the retention of the ability to work and employment of the elderly.
During project implementation the following steps will be implemented:
1) Measures for raising awareness for promotion of a longer and better working life ;
2) Assessment of the potential of the working environment and human resources ;
3) Support measures for the target group (according to the assessment of working environment and human resources):
- career consulting;
- measures for transferring skills (non-formal education);
- mentoring (informal education);
- measures for increase of competitiveness.;
- workplace adjustments;
- health promoting measures.
4) Training of SEA persona (career consultants) for working with elderly people and employers.
5) Assessment of working environment and human resources potential and assessment of support measure target group intermediary results;
6) Performing collective discussions on aging management issues - provided by the cooperation partners Latvijas darba devēju konfederācija (Employers' Confederation of Latvia) (hereinafter– LDDK) un Latvijas Brīvo arodbiedrību savienība (Free Trade Union Confederation of Latvia) (hereinafter – LBAS).
PROJECT TARGET GROUPS
The project target group are:
1. Persons exposed to unemployment risk upwards of 50 years, including persons in age, which grants the rights to receive state age pension, or which have not been granted state age pension (including prematurely), and which correspond to at least one of the following criteria (hereinafter – persons):
- a person has been found to be in a compulsory medical examination for a non-compliance with the work to be performed or presents signs of occupational disease, whether the person has been sent to an extraordinary obligatory medical examination, or the person has been in a long-term absence for incapacity for work (during the last year incapacity for at least one month continuously or for two months with interruptions);
- the education of the person does not exceed general secondary or professional or vocational level;
- the person, has objective reasons, because of the necessity to care for a family member is impaired to perform work during regular working hours;
- the person is employed for partial hours and with low income which is lower than 80% of the minimum salary provided by the state;
2. Entrepreneurs and state or municipal institutions (hereinafter – employers).
The total allocated funding available for the project is EUR 10 596 211, including funding from European Social fund of EUR 9 006 779 and state budget funding of EUR 1 589 432.
The number of elderly employed people receiving support as a result of the project – 3000.
Department of EU fund projects
Project manager of the ESF project „Support for longer working life”
The Cabinet of Ministers regulation No. 504 of 2 August 2016 „Operational Program „Growth and Employment” 7.3.2. Specific support objective „Lengthen the retention of working ability and employment of the elderly” rules of implementation”