European Social Fund (ESF) project "Subsidized jobs for the unemployed persons" (No. 188.8.131.52/15/I/001)
Within the State Employment Agency (SEA) ESF project "Subsidized jobs for the unemployed persons" No. 184.108.40.206/15/I/001, an activation measure is being implemented with the title of "Motivation program for job search and social mentoring services for the long-term unemployed persons with disabilities", which is aimed at promoting the integration of the unemployed persons, including the long-term unemployed, into permanent employment by motivating, pro-actively supporting and encouraging the long-term unemployed with disabilities to find suitable, permanent employment, self-employment or appropriate training (appropriate education), reducing the risk of social exclusion.
The measure "Motivation program for job search and social mentoring services for the long-term unemployed persons with disabilities" can be received by the unemployed with a disability which have been unemployed for at least 12 months, and during this period they have not been considered an employee or self-employed in accordance with the Law On national social insurance for more than two months without a break (continuously).
Activation measures are a job-search motivation program and social mentoring services for the long-term unemployed with disabilities, which last no more than seven months or even less, if the long-term unemployed person with a disability has entered a suitable job and the probation period specified for him/her has expired after employment.
The motivation program for job search (group lessons) lasts no more than three months, which includes motivational measures, support and consultations for solving individual social problems, in the amount of 80 academic lessons.
Social mentor services (individual consultations) are provided for a maximum of seven months, 40 working hours per week, including the time during which the long-term unemployed with a disability participates in a motivation program, as well as the probationary period for a long-term unemployed person with a disability after employment, thus providing psychological and practical support in matters of employment.
Within the framework of the measure, the following are provided to the long-term unemployed with disabilities:
- classes led by professional classes specialists individually and in groups;
- psychological support (individually and in groups), interprofessional meetings, support and consultations in solving individual social problems;
- services of a sign language interpreter;
- training specialist assistant.
The measure is provided by:
- The company SIA "FIBRA";
- The company SIA "Macibu centrs plus";
- Association "Latvian Cooperation Organization for People with Special Needs “SUSTENTO"".
Procedure of application
- The person must appear at the SEA branch and express a wish to participate in the measure/activity.
- The person must coordinate the time of participation with the coordinating expert of the SEA branch.
- An individual job search plan must be received from the coordinating expert of the SEA branch.
- When going to the SEA, it is mandatory to bring an identity document (passport or eID card).
For more information, refer to the nearest SEA branch.